Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Betty's yo yo tablecloth and information

10842.70 in reply to 10842.69
You are so welcome!

Here are some I found I had written down on a paper for reference : I think I got it someplace on the Internet several years ago . . (Each Yo-Yo has a 1/4 " hem that you run the stitch in .)

Circle Template Sizes : 1 1/4 " makes a 3/8'' sized Yo-Yo 4 " makes a 1 3/4" yo-Yo
1 1/2" makes a 1/2'' sized Yo-Yo 4 1/2 " makes a 2" Yo-Yo
1/3/4" makes a 5/8" sized Yo-Yo 5" makes a 2/14" Yo-Yo
2" makes a 3/4" size Yo Yo 5 1/2 " makes a 2 1/2" Yo-Yo
2 1/4 " makes a 7/8" size Yo-Yo 6 " makes a 2 3/4" Yo-Yo
2 1/2 makes a 1" size Yo-Yo 6 1/2" makes a 3" Yo-Yo
3" makes a 1 1/4" Yo-Yo 7 " makes a 3 1/4" Yo-Yo
3 1/2" makes a 1 1/2" Yo-Yo 8 " makes a 3 3/4" Yo-Yo


Hope this gives you an idea of the different size Yo-Yo's .

I had to guess at the sizes of the ones I made .Then I counted the Yo-Yo's and wrote it down . The size I made for the runner had 264 (2 inch ) Yo-Yo's in it . It measures 67" X 16" And I had 33 Yo-Yo's long X 8 Yo-Yo's wide in rows.

The Table Cover one took 676 (2 inch ) Yo-Yo's and it measured 4 ft. X 4ft. ...And I had 26 Yo-Yo's long X 26 Yo-Yo's wide in rows to make it a Square.


  You have circles cut ( like a 4 1/2 inch circle of fabric which will end up a 2 inch Yo-Yo when you finish ) , then using your needle threaded with a knot in the end (I use Quilting thread for my running stitches as it is extra strong and I use it doubled and knotted .) Fold over about a scant quarter of an inch on the outside edges , and as you go along , stitch a running stitch thru it all till you get to the place where you started it with your (KNOTTED end ) LOL . The you have to pull up the slack in it with the running stitch so it all gathers ...( I try to pull each thread so it pulls up tight and you will see a " little circle" in the middle ) and I always tie off the knotted end with the needle end of the thread down tight to the Yo-Yo , 2 Times to make it secure . Then cut your thread close but---(being careful Not to cut the knotted part,. LOL ) and you have a Yo- Yo ! Then do it again and again with more circles you have cut . I use all kinds and colors of circles and when you put them together to make what you are making , you can place them where you want them and match up different colors and then stitch a tacking kind of stitch onto the side of each one to keep them together good . You could then make several strips of the Yo -Yo's sewed together and then connect the strips in whatever thing you are making ( Long table Runner or square table cover OR topper for bed or a quilt top ).
I made a circle out of a piece of cardboard that measures the 4 1/2 inch diameter for my pattern so I can use it to cut out all the circles . .
My Runner for my Fireplace top (or a dresser or long table etc. ) took 264 Yo-Yos' (33 Yo-Yo's LONG and 8 Yo-Yo's WIDE)
33 X 8 = 264

MY Table Cover took 676 Yo-Yo's to make and it measures 4ft. by 4 ft. square (26 Yo-Yo's Long and 26 Yo-Yo's wide and making it measure 4 ft. by 4 ft. square using All of the 676 Yo-Yo's . (Hope I have not confused you! ) 26 X 26 = 676

The following is a quilt made from a forum quilt swap a few years ago . also a crazy quilt made by Betty.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcomed!

Did someone say lets go shopping??

Did someone say lets go shopping??
Our Forum has the best sales!!!

Welcome to Craft Room Creations

We have decided to bring all our crafting projects to this blog site. It will give you easier access to what we all are making these days and view swaps we are sending to each other! Meet us back in The Keeping Room! ... I'm in the Craft room ... The Parlor ... The Kitchen... The Annex ...

The Office~ NEW !

The Carriage House..NEW!.

Jan from BigDogPrimitives posted this on P&R as a freebie. This is great to add to your blog or webpage. Many thanks Jan!!!

Halloween Swap 2008 ( cindy B)

Halloween Swap 2008 ( cindy B)
Free Printable Candy Bar Wrappers..all occasions!